Sunday, February 23, 2014

Purple Finch Restaurant: Bedford, NH ---> WELL Worth the Trip!



The Purple Finch Cafe, in Bedford, NH




One of the wonderful things about my daughter going to college in Manchester is exploring some new restaurants.  This gem is tucked into a small mall right at an intersection we go by time and again.  It was her gluten free BFF who first shared this with her and then she and I just HAD to make a stop.

They have a great story about how things started:

It all started when a pizza boy met a bartender. Jeff and Julie were both attending UNH Durham where their adjoining restaurants of employment would cause them to meet, and instantly hit it off. Jeff, in cooking classes at the time, would bring his daily creations for Julie to try. Julie immediately decided Jeff should cook for her for the rest of her life, and now she thinks he should cook for you too.

Doesn't that just make you smile?  How about the color scheme: you can't go wrong with purple in my book!  The lovely artwork and flowers all around just make you feel all sweet inside. 


 And the menu?  Decisions, decisions... I decided on my first trip (there have been a couple...) to give a Garden Great a try: their Strawberry Fields Salad.  The description caught my eye:

Our signature chicken salad, fresh strawberries, candied pecans, feta crumbles, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and red onion on a bed of field greens. Served with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and fresh baked bread. 

Anytime you put strawberries and feta on a salad, I'm all over it!  It was delicious and HUGE.  The chicken salad had just enough dressing and went incredibly well with the veggie part of the meal.   Let's just say I was rolling out of there when I was done.  I actually had to take a bit home to share eat later.


My DD is a true carnivore and loves a good burger.  Hers was aptly named Cheeseburger Perfection.  In her mind, it was all that!  It was certified Angus Beef and melted in your mouth... I would know as she gave me a little bite!


They have an outstanding breakfast menu and are totally worth the trip!  Just set this address in your GPS: 124 South River Road, Bedford, NH 03110

Here's the kicker, you've got to get there before 2 pm when they close!  Soooo... head over early!
Maybe I'll see you there - great place to meet, that's for sure.



Have fun in the kitchen!
Carrie


0 comments:

Post a Comment