Thursday, May 30, 2013

Super Quick and OH SO GOOD Chocolate Sauce

Feeling the NEED for some chocolate sauce the other night, I found a wonderful recipe over at Free Eats that caught my eye.  It was quick (which was up my alley) and sounded rather tempting.

We whipped up a batch and as we were taste testing, we found it called for a bit of tweaking for our palates, so we did what all good New England maple sugar folks do, we added syrup!  The adjustment was just right (rather like Golidlocks, you know?) so I thought you too might appreciate a bit of chocolate sauce one day and would enjoy the recipe.

It goes VERY WELL, warm, on coffee ice cream...just saying...



Here is our slightly altered, somewhat sweeter version:



Super Quick Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients:
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 water
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients except vanilla to a saucepan over medium heat.  Stir until all ingredients are combined.
  2. Simmer while stirring for about 3 minutes.  Let cool for a bit and then add vanilla.
  3. Use immediately (I promise, you won't be able to help it) or pour into a container and store in the frig.

I will leave you with one more ice cream image, just because you might NEED it.



 NOTE:  Did I mention you can spoon it out of the jar?  Just a thought... trying to be helpful.

I would also like to mention that I am really enjoying all this "make it yourself" stuff ~ how delicious it is!  It's a lot of fun cooking with my daughter, as well.  :)

Enjoy!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. How big is the mouth of the jar? I believe it's a mathematical ration of some sort. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like making your own stuff. This looks absolutely delicious. After I have finished my sourdough starter then I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it, Anita-Clare! I was serving it as a dipping sauce for strawberries this weekend and was a HUGE hit!

    ReplyDelete